The best roulette tips for you depend on your style of play, and what you want to achieve. Everyone wants to win, but your primary goal may just be to have fun. We’ve divided the tips into sections for beginners, intermediate and advanced players.
For Beginners & Recreational Players
- Avoid classic mistakes: see our roulette strategy page.
- Decrease your bet size as your bankroll decreases. Your bankroll will last longer.
- Quit if you’ve made a clear profit. The longer you play, the greater the chance you’ll lose money. Set a profit goal. For most people, it would be something like $100 profit or even just enough to pay for dinner and a movie.
- Set a loss limit, and stick to it. If you lose your set bankroll, accept the loss and walk away a prepared loser. Chasing old losses leads to gambling addiction. Remember that money will come and go all your life.
- Understand the bets, odds and payouts. Study the roulette bets, odds and payout chart so you know what to expect. If you bet just one number, you might not win for many spins. This can become frustrating. Bet more numbers, or make outside bets like red, black, odds, evens etc. This way you get wins more frequently.
- Play on European (single 0) wheels instead of American 00 wheels: The single 0 version wheels give you a significantly better chance of winning.
- Only play against real wheels, not software or electronic roulette. Online casinos often use software roulette where there is no physical wheel. It uses a random number generator, and is not real roulette. It’s a slot machine, and they are impossible to beat. Some online casinos even used rigged RNG where the winnings of other players will determine whether or not you win. If you play online roulette, stick to the webcam roulette wheels where you can see spins from a real wheel.
For Intermediate Players
- Learn how to properly test your roulette system. Without proper testing, you’ll waste lots of time on systems that have no chance of winning in the long term. See how to properly test roulette systems.
- Learn what others have tried, and what‘s known to fail. There’s no point to re-inventing a broken wheel. See how you can and can’t win at roulette.
- Try something NEW. If you try something that isn’t known to fail, you’ll have a better chance of winning.
- Choose tables that aren’t too busy. Waiting while other players are paid is frustrating. Busy tables tend to spin too infrequently, and aren’t fun to play on. The time of day determines how busy tables are.
For Advanced Players
- If you aim to play roulette professionally, see the best roulette systems.
- Find partners. Some techniques require a lot of time, and sharing the workload with others makes it more practical to beat the more difficult wheels.
- Learn to assess wheels first. Understand where your edge comes from, and assess wheels to determine if they exhibit suitable attributes, without needing a lot of data. This will save you a lot of time.
- Assess conditions and casino procedures. Some casino conditions will make play impractical. Wheel with infrequent spins are impractical to play on.
- Beating roulette is long-term. Consider results over weeks and months, instead of hours and days. Beating roulette is a long-term job. Casinos themselves look at the bigger picture, instead of what happens only on an individual day.
- Consider the conditions to determine what is required to remain covert. Staying undetected is critical. No casino will tolerate a consistent winner. It is not difficult to remain undetected if you use common sense.
- Become familiar with roulette wheel designs from the manufacturer websites: This way you will have reasonable knowledge of which wheels are easiest to beat.
- Tip dealers when it’s appropriate. Dealers aren’t supposed to make winning easier, but they can discretely help you.
Avoid Inaccurate Roulette Tips and Tricks Websites
Many websites with roulette advice exist solely to promote casinos. You should be skeptical of any advice, especially if they’re clearly promoting casinos. Internet marketers get their pages seen, but rarely have significant experience as a roulette player.
- Research the reputation of online casinos before joining. Many online casinos refuse payouts and legally cheat players. See the recommended honest online casinos.
- Join only online casinos with proper licenses. An unlicensed casino is more likely to refuse paying your winnings.
To get the best free roulette systems that really work, see this course. It's the best 100% free information for winning roulette you'll find. It's written by professionals who are really earning a living from roulette.