Master the Best Roulette Bet Strategy

While you might say, tongue-in-cheek, that the best roulette bet strategy is simply the one that wins, you aren’t really far from the truth. The question is: how do you do about finding and mastering that strategy? Does it even exist? After all, roulette has been around for many hundreds of years and the casinos are still making huge profits off of it. If there was a sure-fire way to beat the game, wouldn’t the casinos ban it? The answer might surprise you.

Understanding the Basics of Roulette

Before you can understand the best roulette bet strategy, you should have a solid grasp of the fundamentals. Roulette is played on a wheel with 37 or 38 colored and numbered slots, depending on the variation of the wheel. The European Roulette wheel has 36 numbers with alternating red and black colors set in a non-linear pattern. A single green slot labeled zero is set between the black 26 and red 32. In American roulette, there is an alternating red and black pattern with the numbers 1-36 set non-sequentially, but there are two green slots labeled zero and double zero. They are set across from each other on the wheel.

The wheel is spun in one direction and a ball is spun in the opposite direction. When the rotation slows the ball will drop down, bounce a couple of times, and come to rest in one of the colored and number slots. Your job is to predict which one it will land in. That’s it; those are the basics.

The Basics of Betting

Visit the page explaining how to play roulette for the basics. Remembering that the best roulette bet strategy is the one that wins, it helps to know what the betting system looks like. The betting board for roulette has all of the red and black numbers laid out in 3 columns of 12 numbers. Bets can be placed on individual numbers, or on the lines connecting the numbers. A bet placed on the line between two numbers bets both those numbers, a bet placed on the intersection of the lines where 4 numbers meet bets all four numbers.

Outside the grid are places to bet evens, odds, reds, blacks, numbers 1-18, numbers 19-36, the zeros, the entire column of numbers, rows of numbers, and so forth. There are no limits to the number of bets and combinations of bets that you can make, but you want to make sure that your winnings more than cover the total of the bets you have made.

What Does Not Work

To understand the best roulette bet strategy, you should understand a few of the things that do not work, and why.

Betting even-money: many people play the even money bets (red, black, even, odd, etc) because they believe they have the best odds of winning. This is true over the short term, but not true in the long-term, especially given the way the payouts work in roulette.

First, understand that the even-money bets are not 50/50 bets. Because the wheels have one or two green spaces, the chances of spinning a red on a European wheel are 18 out of 37 or 48.65 percent. This means that if you play long enough, the casino will own your bankroll. After all, the house has a 2.7 percent advantage built into every spin (5.26 percent in American roulette due to the double zero).

Betting a single number only has a 2.7 percent chance of winning on a European wheel, but it pays out at 35 to 1. This means that if you hit only once every 35 times you will break even. This amounts to a 94.6 chance of success. Since the house has a 97.3 percent chance of winning each spin, the house advantage is 97.3 minus 94.6 or the same 2.7 percent that it had on the even money bets.

The simple lesson to be learned here is that the house holds an advantage on every spin regardless of the bet, and because each spin is independent of all others, the odds do not change based on what happened the last spin. It does not matter if there were 48 reds spun in a row. The next spin there is still the same 48.65 percent chance that red will be spun again: no more, no less.

How Science Changes the Odds

The moment you have been waiting for is here: what is the best roulette bet strategy? The best roulette bet strategy is one that can actually change the odds, or capitalize on a strategy by which the odds have been changed. Is this even possible? Yes, though the science of physics.

Since roulette is a game of spinning wheels, spinning balls, gravity, and ball bounce (basically the very things the science of physics is based on) the game can be scientifically analyzed and beaten. By timing the wheel, the ball rotation, the bounce of the ball, etc, you can increase your chances of predicting the winning number significantly. During the investigative process, you may also notice that the dealer has a signature spin whereby certain numbers hit more than others, the wheel may have a slight bias (where certain numbers hit more than others) or you may be able to calculate the average ball bounce based on the number of rotations the ball traveled around the wheel. A late bet would then be able to greatly increase your chances of winning.

Can this actually be done? Not only can it be done, but it has been done dramatically on a large scale many times through history. It is also accomplished every day on a much more discreet level. Remember, the house only has a modest advantage. If you are able to increase your win rate on a single number even 1 percent (just one more hit per 105 spins) you will have defeated the house advantage. If you can increase you odds more than this, you will be pulling in a whole lot of cash. This is possible by using the roulette physics strategies mentioned, or enhancing them through computer software assistance or a roulette computer. Note: not every wheel can be beaten, and you need to learn how to identify the wheels that are worth playing.

In short, the best roulette bet strategy is one where the physics of the game has provided an increase in your odds over the house.

To get the best free roulette systems that really work, see the top 5 proven roulette systems and the video series below. It's the best 100% free information for winning roulette you'll find. It's written by professionals who are really earning a living from roulette.

Most Popular