Roulette and Blackjack are both top-rated classic casino games. You’ll find these games at any good casino, and almost anyone who’s played at a casino will be familiar with them. Both games involve a fair amount of chance. However, talented and experienced players can get an edge on the casino by employing different strategies.
Alongside land-based casinos, you can find both of these games, and often many different variations of them, at online casinos. Online casinos are fast becoming the most popular way to play both Roulette and Blackjack. There are loads of great sites out there that offer these games, and it can be challenging to choose the best one. Check out online casino reviews to find the perfect online casino for you.
What is Blackjack?
Blackjack is a card-based game played between two or more people. In this game, you’ll be playing against the dealer and trying to reach a higher card total than the dealer, while not going over 21. In Blackjack, aces and face cards can be worth different amounts depending on what version of the game you’re playing.
You place a bet at the start of the round before the dealer passes you two cards. At this point, you have several options. You can ask for another card, keep your cards as they are, or double your bet. You can also choose to surrender your hand and keep half your starting bet. Some versions of Blackjack will include different options and rules. For instance, the dealer’s cards might be fully or half visible.
In Blackjack, you win by beating the dealer, and you’ll receive back your stake doubled. If you hit Blackjack, that’s an ace with a ten-point card, you’ll get your stake plus 1.5x your stake. Some different versions of Blackjack also include games like multi-hand Blackjack. This game allows you to play multiple hands at once.
Advantages of Blackjack
- Compared to most other games, Blackjack involves a fair amount of strategy and skill. You base your actions around how likely it is for you to receive certain cards.
- One of the reasons the game is so popular is that it’s straightforward to follow and play. You can learn the rules very quickly, but it takes a long time to become a master of Blackjack.
- There are loads of different variations of Blackjack, which include various rules and features. If you’re bored of playing standard Blackjack or would like to try something new, there are plenty of options for you.
Disadvantages of Blackjack
- Bets can only payout either your stake doubled or your stake plus 1.5x the stake.
- Even with the different variations of the game, compared to other casino games, it can get boring after playing for too long.
- There are few legitimate opportunities for professional players. This is because of automated continuous shuffle machines.
What is Roulette?
Roulette is another classic game that you’ll find at any casino, either land-based or online. It’s played by dropping a small ball onto a spinning wheel. The wheel contains numbered and colored compartments, and players bet on where it will land.
Besides the application of roulette advantage play, the game is based purely on chance. Online casino roulette games use randomly generated numbers to make sure that the game is fair, and that the ball’s position is pure chance. There are still some rare circumstances where you can beat RNG. But beating real roulette wheels is actually not particularly difficult.
Players can place bets on various outcomes and types of bets. You can also choose to bet on either odds or even numbers for the same returns.
Roulette also allows you to bet on a single number, giving potential returns of 35x the stake. Players can also combine multiple bets, for instance, betting on odds black or choosing multiple numbers of groups of numbers.
Advantages of Roulette
- Roulette has a wide range of different betting options. Players can choose lots of different bets and there’s plenty of variety in betting odds.
- The game is straightforward to play and understand. The gameplay is as simple as picking a bet and watching where the ball lands.
- Winning odds are very high compared to a lot of other casino games.
- With advantage play, the player’s edge can be far higher with roulette than any other game.
Disadvantages of Roulette
- Spins and games can be infrequent on a busy table.
- Some of the bets and payout options can be confusing for new players. Especially with things like French betting quadrants and neighbor bets.
Roulette vs. Blackjack
Both games have their advantages and disadvantages, as we can see. If you’e playing purely for fun, deciding which one is better really comes down to personal preference. If you’re looking to play professionally, roulette is a much better choice. Although this depends more on the conditions of your specific casino.
Many different betting systems for roulette, including the famous Martingale method, have been used by roulette players to no avail. Betting progressions don’t at all increase your chances of winning.
And although Roulette is overall the better option, you can still win big at Blackjack. Most casinos and online casinos will offer high stakes Blackjack. These games allow you to potentially win massive amounts of cash in a short space of time. Whether or not it’s viable for advantage play depends on the shuffle technology used by the casino. You can also play multihand if you prefer to get through loads of different cards quickly.
Blackjack requires a bit more knowledge and skill to get ahead of the house. But both games have good player advantage and payout very well compared to other casino games like video slots. If you’re looking for a new game to play, both blackjack and roulette are viable options for advantage play.
To get the best free roulette systems that really work, see this course. It's the best 100% free information for winning roulette you'll find. It's written by professionals who are really earning a living from roulette.