Roulette is a game of science. With a spinning wheel, spinning ball, gravity, and ball bounce, the individual components can be analyzed through the science study known as physics. By using physics, a player can determine with an increased level of probability where the ball is likely to land. You won’t will every spin, but to win big money at roulette, you don’t need to win every spin, you just have to learn how to increase your roulette wheel odds.
Understanding How Roulette Wheel Odds Are Calculated
Roulette wheel odds are based on the probability of the roulette ball landing on a specific number or color. The odds are found by dividing the number of positive outcomes by the number of total outcomes. For example. There are 38 slots on the roulette wheel. Eighteen of those slots are colored red, 18 are colored black, and 2 are colored green (one in European roulette where there is only one green slot labeled zero, and there are only 37 total slots). If you bet on black, there would be 18 positive outcomes (any one of the 18 black slots) and 20 negative outcomes. Your odds of success are 18 divided by 38 (the total possible outcomes) and you get .4737 or 47.37 percent. This would be the same when betting either color (red/black), a range bet of 1-18 or 19-36, or an even/odd bet.
The more specific the bet, the lower the odds of success. For a single number, there is just a 2.63 chance of success (1 divided by 38).
Note that the house always keeps a 5.26 percent advantage over the players when these odds are at play. Remember the even/odd, red/black, or range bets? Your odds are 47.37 percent. The house’s odds are 52.63 percent (100 percent minus 47.37 percent). The difference between your odds of success and the house’s is .0526 or 5.26 percent. To understand how this remains true other bets, you need to understand the relationship between the odds and the payout.
How Roulette Wheel Odds Are Related to Payout
In simplest terms, the greater the odds of a player winning, the lower the payout; the lower the odds of success, the higher the payout. Bets like even/odd, red/black, or range bets are known as even money bets become whatever you bet, that is the same amount you get back if you win. For example. If you bet $50 on an even money bet and won, then you would get $100 from the dealer (your initial bet, plus $50 in winnings). If you won a 2 to 1 bet, then you would get $2 for every $1 bet. This means that if you bet that same $50 on a 2 to 1 bet and won, then you would receive $150 from the dealer (your initial bet plus $100). In roulette, the odds go all the way to a single number bet that is calculated at 35 to 1. This means that if you put your $50 on a single number and won, then you would receive $1800 (your initial bet plus 35 x 50).
If a player put $50 on a single number and it hit once every 36 spins, they would break even. Remember that the wheel has 2 green slots labeled zero and double zero, however, so the odds are not calculated off of 36 numbers but 38. Statistically, the player should hit their number once every 38 spins, which would amount to $1800 earned for $1900 bet: a slow bleed on the bankroll. With that in mind, the odds of hitting a single number are 2.63 percent, but you get a payout of 35 times your bet, which increases your odds to 92.05 percent (35 times 2.63). This leaves the house with 7.95 percent and the difference between your odds and the house: 5.26 percent.
How to Bring Roulette Wheel Odds Into Your Favor
It should be apparent that you are not going to win money over the long-term if the house maintains its advantage. Unless a player can shift the roulette wheel odds, the house will always end up with your bankroll. Many people have tried mathematical formulas and money management systems, but they all have the same problem: they cannot change the house advantage.
Remember, now, that roulette is a game of science. If you can increase the probability of your number hitting even once ever 34 spins instead of once every 38 spins then you will have taken away the house edge and will be making money. When your number hit every 38 spins your odds were 2.63 percent. Hitting ever 34 spins, your odds would be 2.94 percent. Notice that you only need to increase your odds by less than 1 percent to have a significant advantage over the house. If you increased your odds a mere 1.5 percent your number would only have to hit 4 times out of 120 spins for you to make a huge amount of money. By learning how to conceal your bets, you will be able to do this without the casino being any the wiser.
How do you use physics to bring the roulette wheel odds into your favor? About 30 percent of the wheels in casinos have a slight bias toward hitting certain areas of the wheel. It is not a significant bias that is detectable by most – if it was the casino would shut it down, but remember, you only need your number to hit 1 to 1.5 extra times over 100 spins. Calculating ball bounce based on wheel spin rates is another way to increase the probability of having your number hit. While these techniques can be done with just your eye and mind, it is much easier to use software. A computer can take spin data and calculate probabilities for you almost instantly. Of course, you need to learn how to use them without getting caught, but this, as with the physics itself, is a teachable skill.
In the end, roulette is a game of physics, and by using physics to bring the roulette wheel odds into your favor, this iconic casino game can be more than just a game: it can become your career and change your life.
To get the best free roulette systems that really work, see this course. It's the best 100% free information for winning roulette you'll find. It's written by professionals who are really earning a living from roulette.