Author Topic: vb or roulette computer?  (Read 17477 times)

JBT

vb or roulette computer?
« on: October 06, 2010, 04:54:32 PM »
Is there any advantage to vb over a roulette computer? On another forum there was talk about it from someone that had a few different roulette computers and that he thought vb was better.

Can anyone see an advantage vb might have over a computer?

jb

Steve

• Administrator
Re: vb or roulette computer?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 08:53:58 AM »
I think you mean viper said that. He was referring to foresters computers, not mine. And he's right in many ways with those computers, because a vb player is better able to adjust to changing conditions. Foresters computers dont take it into account, and they assume everything remains the same. Roulette computers do what VB players do, but only much more accurately. The only advantage a vb player has is they dont need equipment. Although I teach vb, I've always been of the belief that if you're betting after ball release, why on earth do it the hard and less accurate way? I've never known someone to believe vb is better than roulette computers.. except viper.

vin

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 10:27:11 AM »
much begtter to have compiter you can do much more

Steve

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 12:58:21 PM »
If vb was really better, I would never bother with computers.

Hawkeye

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 04:09:36 PM »
If you are a very skilled vb player and found appropriate conditions I can see how vb may be advantageous over a computer, where computers are illegal. you have nothing on you but skill and eyesight. Beyond that, vb has no advantage over computers.

JBT do you actually have one of steves computers or not? Are you a player ?

Steve

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 10:13:23 AM »
VB attempts to do what roulette computers do. VB is just not as precise, unless the computer is very poor. Some of you know first-hand that vb is better than a simplistic computer, not no comparison to a well designed one.

ShelbyGT

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 03:36:37 PM »
Take it from someone who has tried both vb and more than one roulette computer (me) and achieves consistent results. Vb is the poor man's roulette computer.

Up one from vb is vb with a thumper where you start to use timing devices. Keep going by using technology and you get to a roulette computer.

JB your talking about viper at forester forum who doesnt know his head from his ass.

Bradstreet

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 11:21:33 AM »
a combination of vb and computer is better than just vb. vb by itself is like you said poor mans computer. A thumper is like the simplest form of a computer. That then foresters buzzers  :D

vb can tell you when you have so and so revolutions left but thats it. I can see having no electronics on your person can be a plus but what is the point if you can only win on easy wheels

I had a digi watch for vb and used side vision to watch seconds tick for timings because it had a big display. A good alternative for a thumper but then everything must work with 1 sec intervals

anyway my opinion forget vb unless it needs to be legal and without equipment. computers can do much better

Steve

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 04:38:04 PM »
Brad yes that pretty much sums it up. Forester's computers are more a visual ballistics aid than a proper computer. Technically they are a computer, but all they do is what visual ballistics does - to the extent of a vb player who applies very basic techniques, with a high degree of competence in identifying the key revolution.

I've been through this with many of forester's players who then see my computers and understand what a difference you can make if you predict based on variables including but not limited to rotor speed and resulting ball bounce, diamond isolation, variations in ball deceleration etc. That's what a computer should do.

While it depends on the wheel and conditions, the sincerely honest order of preference is:

1. my computers (not to sound biased, but it's the truth and by a long way)

2. advanced visual ballistics methods

3. Forester's computers

4. basic visual ballistics methods

If he fixed his point set feature, then his devices would be at 2.

JBT

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 10:33:46 PM »
thanks for all the responses. all good advice and info   :)

jb