Author Topic: New Chat Room  (Read 14987 times)

Steve

• Administrator
New Chat Room
« on: April 07, 2011, 12:34:07 PM »
I've now added a chat room to the forum. Click "Chat" in the top menu. Remember that other people will be able to see what you type UNLESS you make it a PRIVATE chat. The chat room can only be used by actual players.

benny

Re: New Chat Room
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 03:31:17 PM »
I cant get into the chat room. Is it only for players? Because it says there is a public room.

Steve

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 03:51:28 PM »
Refer to first post: only registered players can access it. And dont expect a lot of action in there - I set it up only because one player had problems with Skype chat, and we use the private chat feature.

twister

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 04:31:18 PM »
pretty cool but pretty quiet in there

Steve

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 10:11:48 AM »
Yes it was only setup because one player's skype wasnt working. I may have a group chat in there today for players.

Steve

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 10:51:12 AM »
Soon I'll start testing group support sessions in the chat room. Its worth a try if it will save me time. Again only players can access the chat, for the player rooms at least.

JBT

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 08:57:48 PM »
Steve I'd be happy to help out sometimes if you think my knowledge is there. If you bring in a few of the experienced players I'm sure we can take some load off you. When are you looking to have a group session?

jb

Steve

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 10:20:51 AM »
JB, you are experienced enough to help new players, but it is not your responsibility. In the past though, players have helped others, but often it led to complete misunderstandings that became a big mess. That's why I often say players should never get support from other players. Thanks for your offer though and we can still give it a try in a group chat. Soon I'll announce a group session in the chat room, and it would be worth a try for you to be there too - of couse I'll still give primary support, but you would be able to give players another perspective - ie to explain things the way you came to understand them.

JBT

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 12:07:38 PM »
Steve okie dokey let me know when you want me on, would be a pleasure. I know I get nothing for it. You need to delegate to people that want to help out. I might not be able to advise on some things but I can help explain the mundane things that probably annoy you.

jb